Serves: 4+ Hungry People depending on required size of burger
You will need...
- 800g minced lamb (it is best not to use overly lean mince as fat will help to bind the burgers and keep them moist)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp cumin seeds, crushed
- 2 green chillies, finely chopped
- 15g Garden mint seasoning from Tongmaster
- 1tsp coriander seeds, crushed
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1tsp salt
- Place the lamb in a large bowl and add the remaining ingredients. Mix it all together until just combined. This is best done by hand but don't over-work the mixture or you'll get a tough burger.
- Wet you hands then shape the mixture into four burgers about 200g each or six smaller burgers.
- The burgers can now be cooked either on a griddle pan or non-stick frying pan with a little bit of oil, during the summertime it is fun to cook these on the BBQ.
- Cook the burgers for about 5 minutes on each side, turning them once only.
- Serve with burger buns, topped with tomato slices, red onion and salad.