Tired of using jarred sauces that don’t deliver on taste? Try this easy but tasty authentic Italian Bolognese recipe to impress friends or family.
This recipe can be made slimming friendly by using low fat mince!
- 500g beef mince
- 20g Tongmaster Bolognese spice belnd
- 1 diced onion
- 100g grated carrot
- 2 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes
- 300ml beef stock
- 1tbsp tomato puree
- 1tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 400g dried spaghetti
- Heat a pan and add the beef mince and diced onion, cook until browned.
- Add spice blend and grated carrot to the mince mixture, stir well and cook for two minutes, allowing the spices to infuse the meat.
- Add beef stock and chopped tomatoes, mix thoroughly.
- Lastly, add the tomato puree (add more if preferred) and Worcestershire sauce, cover and simmer for 30 mins or until thick.
- Season with salt to taste.
- In a separate pan, add spaghetti to salted, boiling water and cook for recommended time, drain and serve with a dollop of Bolognese.
- Serve with garlic bread and a generous sprinkling of finely grated parmesan.
- Try swapping spaghetti for courgette or using the Bolognese sauce in a lasagne.