A delicious creamy Cajun pasta dish packed with vegetables and tasty chicken pieces.
- Pasta shapes (we prefer shells)
- Chicken breast – 1 per person
- 340g soft cream cheese
- 2tbsp Tongmaster Cajun spice
- 1tbsp Rubbed oregano
- Spring onions – sliced
- 1 red pepper – thinly sliced
- 75ml-100ml chicken stock
- 1 bag spinach
- 100g button mushrooms – sliced
- Cut the chicken into bitesize pieces and add to a bowl with Cajun spice, oregano and a pinch of salt, mix until coated evenly and set aside to infuse, chop the vegetables and set aside.
- Add pasta to a pan with cold water, add a pinch of salt and cook for recommended time.
- While the pasta is cooking, add the chicken to a pan and cook until brown, add the peppers and onions with a tsp of chopped garlic (or a pinch of garlic granules) and cook for 3 mins, before adding the sliced mushrooms and cooking for a further 2 minutes.
- Add chicken stock and bring to a simmer, add the spinach and cover, allowing to simmer for 3-4 minutes or until the spinach is wilted.
- Add the cream cheese and mix thoroughly, add salt and pepper to taste and cook for 3 minutes.
- Drain the pasta and add to the pan, mixing well, serve and garnish with a sprinkling of cheese.
Try swapping the chicken for prawns or substituting the pepper for your favourite vegetables such as tomatoes, courgette or carrots.