A delicious alternative to plain boiled rice – serve with a Chinese curry sauce or teriyaki marinated beef or chicken.
- 1 cup pre-cooked rice.
- 1 yellow onion – finely chopped.
- 4 spring onions – finely sliced.
- 1 handful frozen peas.
- 1 egg – lightly beaten.
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1tbsp Chinese five spice
- Salt & pepper to taste.
- Heat oil or low cal alternative in a pan, when the pan is hot, add the chopped yellow onion, cooked rice along with the soy sauce and spices – stir fry for a minute or so until the onion is slightly softened.
- Make a hole in the middle of the rice and add the beaten egg, scramble slightly before mixing with the rice.
- Add the spring onions and peas and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Garnish with more chopped spring onion and serve.
- Change the recipe up by adding any meat or veg with extra soy sauce before adding the rice to the pan.