Delicious homemade chicken burgers with a hint of garlic in a crispy golden crumb – perfect for the family bbq or to impress the kids.
Also great using our other chicken burger seasonings – spring onion & herb or plain chicken.
- 800g minced chicken or turkey
- 30g Tongmaster chicken/turkey garlic & herb burger seasoning
- 70g rusk*
- 100ml iced water
- 4 slice wholemeal bread – toasted
- 1 egg
- Handful chopped parsley
- Add meat, seasoning and rusk to a bowl and mix thoroughly - if using a complete burger mix (which already contains rusk) rather than separate seasoning and rusk, add 100g.
- Add the water and mix until seasoning and meat is combined.
- Press into burgers using the palm of your hand or using a burger press for a more professional look (available on our site).
- Blend toasted bread into a crumb and mix together with parsley and a pinch of salt & cracked black pepper.
- Whisk an egg and place in a bowl, dip the burger patties into the egg mixture and coat with the breadcrumb, re-do this to assure a thick coating.
- Cook under the grill for 10-15 minutes, turning occasionally or in the oven for 15-20 minutes until crisp and golden.
- Serve on a fresh bun with salad and mayonnaise.
*The rusk can be left out if you wish – making it less calories and values, in this case you would use the seasoning and skip the adding rusk step.