Tongmaster doner kebab seasoning brings the delicious flavour of a takeaway kebab without the guilt!
Use low fat mince to assure this recipe is slimming friendly!
- 1kg minced meat (Lamb, beef and chicken all work well)
- 100g Tongmaster doner kebab mix
- 40ml cold water
- Preheat your oven to 180°C (350°F, Gas Mark 4)
- Add 100g doner mix, 1kg minced meat and 40ml cold water to a bowl and mix till combined (the mix should resemble a paste when thoroughly mixed – see customer examples below)
- Pack the mix into a loaf tin and place it on a baking tray (alternatively shape on to skewers, a rotisserie or shape into burgers.
- Bake in the centre of your oven for 25 mins, then turn out and return it to the oven for another 30 minutes. The meat should be evenly browned.
- Once cooked remove from the oven, cover and leave to rest for 15-20 mins until cool enough to slice.
- Slice carefully using a knife – thickness depending on your preference – we like it thin!
- Serve with a pitta bread, doner sauce (below) and your favourite salad, or why not try our onion bhaji mix or pakora mix to complete your fakeaway!
- 250g tomato sauce
- 10g mint sauce
- Pinch of chilli flakes
- 20ml milk
Recipes for onion bhaji’s and pakora on our page.