Tasty authentic fajitas – bursting with flavour and colour. These are a slimming friendly recipe. Tired of missing out on your favourite Mexican dish? Try these fajitas – less calories with ALL the flavour.
- 1lb chicken breast cut into strips (or swap for beef,pork or a meat free alternative!)
- 1 large red onion – thinly sliced
- 1 large yellow onion – thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper – thinly sliced
- 20g Tongmaster fajita spice blend
- 4 wholemeal tortilla wraps – or low cal alternative (you can also swap the tortilla for a substitution like lettuce leaves or other veg)
- Heat olive oil or low cal alternative in a frying pan, add meat and brown until cooked through.
- Add spice blend and stir until meat is evenly covered – add more spice if required – or sprinkle in some dried chilli flakes if you want more of a kick!
- Add the chopped vegetables and stir fry until soft enough to serve.
- Sprinkle the tortilla wraps with cold water sand heat under the grill or in the microwave for 20 seconds.
- Spoon in the mixture, wrap and serve!
- Add toppings such as cheese, sour cream, or guacamole and salsa (recipes below).
- Try serving the fajita chicken mixture with spicy rice and vegetables.
- Chop 400g small tomatoes (plum tomatoes and cherry tomatoes are perfect) and add to a bowl.
- Finely dice one red onion and mix with tomatoes.
- Add large handful of chopped coriander, two crushed garlic cloves, one de-seeded chilli and the juice of one lime.
- Mix well and season with salt and pepper to taste – or try adding a tsp of our delicious salsa seasoning (available on site)
- Drizzle with 1tbsp olive oil (optional) mix well and chill.
- Add one chopped avocado, the juice of one lime, and one finely diced red onion to a bowl and mix well.
- Add a large handful of chopped coriander and season to taste with salt and pepper, add a dollop of 0% greek yoghurt if you prefer a creamy guac.