An authentic Scottish recipe to make your own gluten free haggis!
- 1500g pluck (heart, liver & lungs)
- 900g beef suet
- 1500g Tongmaster Gluten Free Haggis Mix
- 1500ml stock/water
- Haggis bung – artificial or natural (both available from site)
- Remove windpipe from pluck, wash and boil in water for 30-40 minutes.
- Mince the meat and beef suet through a 10mm plate.
- Add haggis mix and combine all ingredients.
- Add water or stock and mix thoroughly, it should have a soft crumbly texture.
- If using natural bungs( makes 5 x 1lb haggis – cut to size), rinse excess salt and soak overnight prior to use.
- If using artificial bungs( 5 x individual 1lb bungs), soak in warm water for a minimum of 30 minutes prior to use.
- Spoon the mixture into the bungs and tie and/or sew ends.
- Submerge in boiling water, then bring to a simmer for around 40 minutes, alternatively, cover with tin foil and add to a pan with a little water, cook in the oven for an hour at 180°C
- Serve traditionally with neeps and tatties, or create other dishes such as haggis bon bons or haggis pakora – check out our page for more recipes involving haggis!