A traditional Scottish lorne (square) sausage seasoning. Cant get lorne sausage where you live? Looking for a low fat slimming friendly version? Want a gluten free sausage? Try your hand at making your own!
This recipe can be adapted (as explained) to a slimming friendly recipe – using both the seasoning and the complete mix – contact us for more information regarding calories and values.
- 700g minced beef (% of fat depending on preference)
- 25g Tongmaster lorne sausage seasoning
- 100g-200g rusk* – alter to preference
- 150ml water
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Shape into a lorne tin or a loaf tin and chill preferably overnight to all meat mixture to firm and hold shape – slice before cooking.
- Alternatively shape into sausage patties or burgers.
- Grill: place under a medium heat grill for 6-8 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Shallow fry: heat oil or low cal alternative in a frying pan and cook over a moderate heat for 6-8 minutes turning occasionally.
- Serve as part of a cooked breakfast, with a main meal or on a bread roll for a taste of Scotland!
*Rusk is preferred, however can be left out or swapped for wholemeal breadcrumbs according to diet plan.
Gluten free rusk and complete mix is also available on our website.
Our complete mix already contains rusk and is added 100g complete mix per kg meat with 100ml water. (same method)