A delicious fragrant spice blend perfect for creating a traditional Malaysian style curry.
- 600-700g preferred meat or vegetable (chicken, beef, fish, tofu, potato & squash work perfectly)
- 2 roughly chopped onions
- 40g Tongmaster Malaysian curry seasoning blend
- 400ml coconut milk
- 125ml stock
- 2tsp brown sugar
- 2tbsp fish sauce
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 lemongrass stalks
- 2 star anise
- Heat oil in a pan and add the chopped onion and garlic, cook for three minutes until the onion begins to soften, add 20g seasoning and cook for a further 2 minutes to release flavours.
- Roughly chop the main ingredient (meat or veg) to size and add to the pan, once browned/softened, add the remaining seasoning mix and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Drain excess liquid and add stock, coconut milk, lemongrass and star anise.
- Simmer partially covered for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally until the sauce is thickened and meat/alternative is tender.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the sugar and fish sauce and remove the star anise.
- Serve piping hot with jasmine rice.