Sticky BBQ glazed sausages – perfect eaten hot or cold.
- 800g minced pork, chicken or turkey
- 100g maple bbq complete sausage mix
- 100ml cold water
- Sausage casings – natural (hog/sheep) or collagen
- 3tsp Mississippi bbq sauce (any variety)
- 1tbsp maple syrup
- 1tsp wholegrain mustard
- 1tsp mustard seeds
- Add meat and complete mix to a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Add chilled water and ensure all ingredients are combined.
- Cover and chill for at least one hour or overnight to allow the spices to infuse the meat.
- If using natural casings – soak the casing for around 30 minutes, use a funnel to remove excess salt.
- If using collagen casings – there is no need to soak the casings, use straight from pack.
- Place the casing on the outside of the tube and begin to pass the meat through your sausage stuffer, tie a knot at the end of the casing to stop the meat passing straight through and continue to pass the meat mixture through the casing.
- Once the meat is finished, tie a knot at the other end and begin linking your sausages, twisting in opposite directions, make these full sized sausages or bitesize.
- Use a little vegetable oil on your hands to work the sausage with ease and create a professional sheen.
- Heat an oven to 190°C/170°C fan/gas 5, mix together the ingredients for the sauce and cover sausages, tossing well to ensure they are evenly coated.
- Line a baking tray with foil and lay the sausages evenly, brush remaining sauce on the sausages and bake for 20-25 minutes or until cooked through and golden.
- Eat right away or pack in a container/wrap in foil – these can be eaten cold.