A tasty seasoning packed with Indian spices to create a delicious, smooth pathia curry.
- 600-700g preferred meat or vegetable (chicken, beef, fish, tofu, potato & squash work perfectly)
- 2 finely chopped onions
- 40g Tongmaster pathia curry seasoning blend
- 400g chopped tomatoes
- 15ml tomato puree
- ½ tsp white vinegar
- 250ml stock
- 1tbsp brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves – crushed
- 2 bay leaves
- Fresh coriander to garnish
- Heat oil in a pan and add the chopped onion, bay leaves and garlic, cook for three minutes until the onion begins to soften.
- Roughly chop the main ingredient (meat or veg) to size and add to the pan, once browned/softened, add half of the seasoning mix and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the remaining seasoning mix along with the chopped tomatoes and sugar, cook for 1 minute before adding the tomato puree, vinegar and stock.
- Stir thoroughly and lower the heat, simmer for 20 minutes until the sauce has thickened, the meat/veg is cooked through and taste and adjust.
- Remove the bay leaves and serve with rice, fresh coriander, naan bread and a dollop of chutney.