Make your very own sausage rolls to have as a picnic snack or dinner!
Gluten free, vegan and slimming friendly recipes also available – check out our site!
- 800g pork or beef mince
- 25g Tongmaster sage & red onion seasoning
- 75g rusk
- 100ml water
- 700g puff pastry
- 1 egg – beaten
- 1 tbsp mustard seeds
- Add meat, seasoning and rusk to a bowl and mix thoroughly - if using a complete sausage mix (which already contains rusk) rather than separate seasoning and rusk, add 100g.
- Add cold water to combine ingredients together and mince again (optional) or give the mixture a good knead to assure the seasoning is evenly spread.
- Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface and cut in half so you have two long strips. Divide the sausage mix in two and mould the meat along the middle of the pastry strips, in a somewhat cylindrical shape.
- Brush the border of the pastry with egg before pressing down and crimping with a fork, cut the sausage rolls to a length that suits before chilling for at least 20 minutes or until ready to bake. If you are freezing sausage rolls, now is the time to freeze them.
- Preheat an oven to 200°C /180°C/Gas 6, brush the sausage rolls with the remaining egg, sprinkle the mustard seeds on top and bake for 30-35 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown. If cooking form frozen add 10 minutes to the cooking time.
Delicious served warm or chilled. Try some of our other sausage roll recipes such as stilton & leek, sage & red onion or use any other sausage seasoning form our huge range!