Make your very own sausage rolls to have as a picnic snack or dinner!
Gluten free & vegan recipes also available – check out our site!
Please contact us for any calorie information or values.
- 800g 5% pork or beef mince
- 25g Tongmaster sausage seasoning (of your choice)
- 75g rusk*
- 100ml water
- 6 WW wraps or 3 lo-dough pieces
- 1 egg - beaten
- Add meat, seasoning and rusk to a bowl and mix thoroughly - if using a complete sausage mix (which already contains rusk) rather than separate seasoning and rusk, add 100g.
- Add cold water to combine ingredients together and mince again (optional) or give the mixture a good knead to assure the seasoning is evenly spread.
- If using wraps – lay them on a flat surface and cut in half so you have two long strips. Divide the sausage mix into 12 batches and mould the meat along the middle of the strips, rolling into a somewhat cylindrical shape.
- If using dough – lay on a flat surface and slice into 4 long strips. Divide the sausage mix into 12 batches and mould the meat along the middle of the strips, rolling into a somewhat cylindrical shape.
- Brush the border of the rolls with egg before pressing down and crimping with a fork, cut the sausage rolls to a length that suits before chilling for at least 20 minutes or until ready to bake.
- If you are freezing sausage rolls, now is the time to freeze them.
- Preheat an oven to 200°C /180°C/Gas 6, brush the sausage rolls with the remaining egg and bake for 30-35 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown. If cooking form frozen add 10 minutes to the cooking time.
Delicious served warm or chilled. Try some of our other sausage roll recipes such as stilton & leek, sage & red onion or use any other sausage seasoning form our huge range! Try adding things such as a small amount of cheese, chutney or even marmite to make them your own.
*The rusk can be left out if you wish – making it less calories and values, in this case you would use the seasoning and skip the adding rusk step.
Don’t forget to show us your creations!
Wrap + rusk – 161 calories or 4S or 1S + B each
Wrap no rusk – 141 calories or 3S or Free + B each
Dough + rusk – 122 calories or 1.5S each
Dough no rusk – 102 calories or Free