A spicy harissa sausage – serve with chips, veg and harissa, incorporate into your favourite sausage casserole or a merguez sausage wrap for a taste of morocco.
This recipe can be adapted into slimming friendly by using meat with low fat content! Contact us with any questions regarding calories or values.
- 2kg lamb mince
- 250g Tongmaster merguez sausage mix
- 250ml water (chilled)
- Sausage casings – Natural (hog/sheep) or collagen casings
- Add sausage mix to mince and mix thoroughly.
- Add chilled water and ensure all ingredients are combined.
- Cover and chill for at least one hour or overnight to allow the spices to infuse the meat.
- If using natural casings – soak the casing for around 30 minutes, use a funnel to remove excess salt.
- If using collagen casings – there is no need to soak the casings, use straight from pack.
- Place the casing on the outside of the tube and begin to pass the meat through your sausage stuffer, tie a knot at the end of the casing to stop the meat passing straight through and continue to pass the meat mixture through the casing.
- Once the meat is finished, tie a knot at the other end and begin linking your sausages, twisting in opposite directions.
- Use a little vegetable oil on your hands to work the sausage with ease and create a professional sheen.
- Cook as desired or chill in the fridge for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.