An easy to follow recipe for a family favourite – try making it with homemade sausages following our sausage recipes – use pork & mustard or pork, horseradish & caramelised onion sausages to add extra flavour.
- 12 ready-made sausages (check out our other recipes)
- 140g plain flour
- 1/2sp salt
- 2 eggs
- 175ml semi-skimmed milk
- Heat an oven to 220°C/200°C fan/Gas 7.
- Place sausages in a deep roasting tin with 1 tbsp oil and bake for 15 minutes until browned..
- While the sausages are baking, tip flour and salt into a bowl, make a well in the middle and add the eggs.
- Whisk together then gradually add the milk, whisking continuously and leave to stand until the sausages are ready.
- Remove the pan from the oven carefully – the fat/oil should be sizzling hot, and pour in the batter mix. Cook on the top shelf of the oven for 30 minutes or until golden.
- Serve with Tongmaster onion gravy and seasonal veg.