A tasty vegetarian alternative to a traditional Scottish haggis.
- 680g diced vegetables of your choice (leeks, carrots, turnip, mushrooms)
- 460g diced onion.
- 1135g Tongmaster vegetarian haggis mix.
- 1135ml vegetable stock/water.
- 680g vegetarian suet OR vegetable oil OR dairy free butter/margarine.
- Gently fry off the onion and vegetables until soft and until some of the water from the vegetables is reduced.
- Take off the heat and add the vegetable stock/water, along with the vegetarian haggis mix and vegetable suet.
- Fill into Tongmaster artificial haggis bung and tie ends.
- Submerge in boiling water, then bring to a simmer for around 40 minutes, alternatively, cover with tin foil and add to a pan with a little water, cook in the oven for an hour at 180°C
- Serve traditionally with neeps and tatties, or create other dishes such as haggis bon bons or haggis pakora – check out our page for more recipes involving haggis!
- Alternatives such as walnuts, pearl barley, lentils and beans can be used in place of vegetables - play around with your preferences and give it a go.