A delicious blend of spices to create a traditional onion bhaji.
· 100g finely sliced onion.
· 35g gram flour
· 10g onion bhaji spice
· 20ml cold water – adjust to desired consistency
· A squirt of lemon juice.
· Cooking oil or low cal alternative for frying.
· Mix together the bhaji spice, flour, lemon juice, water and a pinch of salt in a large bowl to create a smooth thin batter – no thicker than double cream.
· Add onion and mix thoroughly.
· Heat oil in a deep fryer or frying pan to around 180 degrees. (At the correct temp a drop of batter should sizzle as it hits the oil, then float).
· Take one tablespoon of the mixture and carefully place into the pan (or submerge into oil depending on cooking method) using another spoon.
· Fry for 5-6 minutes, turning halfway, or until crisp and deep golden brown.
· Drain on kitchen paper and serve with a warm mint dip (mix mint jelly with plain yoghurt).
· Mix can be used as pakora batter, simply make as stated above and instead of adding onion, coat ingredient in batter before frying.
· Spice blend can be used to flavor other Indian dishes as well as adjusting recipe to low cal version.
Supplied in a 50g pack.