A spicy, traditional onion bhaji mix.
As well as being vegetarian friendly, with no added salt and free from additives, preservatives, gluten, wheat & MSG – these kits are suitable for everyone!
• 50-70g onion – cut to match stick sized pieces.
• 75ml cold water.
• A squirt of lemon juice.
• Cooking oil or low cal alternative for frying.
• Mix together the bhaji mix, lemon juice, water and a pinch of salt in a large bowl to create a smooth thin batter – no thicker than double cream.
• Add onion and mix thoroughly.
• Heat oil in a deep fryer or frying pan to around 180 degrees. (At the correct temp a drop of batter should sizzle as it hits the oil, then float).
• Take one tablespoon of the mixture and carefully place into the pan (or submerge into oil depending on cooking method) using another spoon.
• Fry for 5-6 minutes, turning halfway, or until crisp and deep golden brown.
• Drain on kitchen paper and serve with a warm mint dip (mix mint jelly with plain yoghurt).
• Mix can be used as pakora batter, simply make as stated above and instead of adding onion, coat ingredient in batter before frying.
Supplied in 2 x single use 50g pack.